Boshack Outback is not connected to the main power and we rely on the sun. In fact we are eco-friendly, to preserve the harmony of the local habitat.
We are surrounded by pristine bushland and we want to have as little impact on the environment as possible. We are learning and adapting to live in the environment as is.
Here are some of the things that we are doing to keep Boshack Outback environmentally friendly.
- Tents – Our tents are made from recycled material. The materials are from CBH and were originally used to cover wheat stacks to keep them protected from the environment.
- Vegetable Patch – Our veggies are grown in pure organic sheok soil with no foreign additives. An old canoe which is no longer sea worthy has been converted into a garden bed. Manure is collected on the farm to help the soil condition.
- Gardens – The gardens are solar controlled by solar clocks with water drippers in summer and winter. The idea is to give little water often, during the day time.
- Cooking – Paperbark from our paperbark forest is used to cook your sausages and meat (on request). Just how aboriginal people did thousands of years ago.
- Solar Power – We rely on the sun to give us energy to keep everything running.